StarLYT

Saturday, November 03, 2007


Soundtrack Review: Spiderman 3 OST

Where is it in the movie? Where are the songs that I’ve read at the back of the Spiderman3 soundtrack CD? Oh yeah, I heard three of them in the last part, as a background music when the credits are being shown. I was supposed to do a soundtrack review, and I’m trying to control myself of reviewing the movie more than the music. The fight scenes are heavier because there are more villains, but they are less thrilling. I think music also accounts for that. I was watching the characters falling and buildings collapsing all relaxed while watching for the next surprising thing that could happen to Spiderman or Venom. But then, I wasn’t jumped by the sound of metals crashing or the mere silence while watching Spidey fly up between buildings. They must have been maintaining the old New York ambiance throughout the movie, since there is no The Wyos or Sealings playing in the background of any scene. Then the characters/ credits part comes in the end, playing Snow Patrol and The Killers in the background. But even if it is played only in the least viewed part of the movie, it somehow reminds me of the action scenes in the movie, and the drama running throughout the movie as well.

No comments: