StarLYT

Monday, December 31, 2007

Counting from the time I am writing this, there will only be 14 hours left before sounds and lights starts crackling up in the sky and around the world, signaling that a new year has begun.
Then it is time to chomp down on our media noche before going out again to our own street parties, drinking bouts until dawn and aftermath fireworks-playing. Or at least that was my idea of what might happen later later on.
Last night, I've been thinking. I have three choices. We could watch the fireworks from my cousin's rooftop and play luses there before going down to our house to eat. OR my friend Eden and I could play with sparkles down the street and go back to our house to feast for a few minutes. Then I could go to my neighbor's street party-slash-gig. OR we could just go to the Mall of Asia and be a Kapuso for a night with the crowd. Afterwards we could eat anywhere we can or probably walk at.. Baywalk? Nah, Baywalk is not kewl anymore.
But whatever happens, all I know is I won't spend the first few minutes of 2008 over the net, or at my room. Who would choose to be a bummer at that time of the year?
Why do I end my year with these problems? Oh, there's another one: i don't know what kind of fireworks to play with later. I want to divert from the usual luses-kwitis routine. I want to try something kewl, like sinturon ni hudas, sawa or even a swirling multi-colored fountain.
or i could just stick with the you-look-like-a-big-matchstick firecrackers: sparkles :P
---------------------
I know I bought the newspaper this morning for a reason. But even if I still can't figure that out, I know two reasons: First, it is part of the journ routine to be updated. Next, it is the last day of the year 2007 I had the feeling that there is some special news or something. And the something special was: a year end report on how 2007 has been a "year of creeping terror."
Thinking of the big events that happened this year, it seems that everything just happened, even if it was months ago. Well, it feels like it because of its effects. Like the Glorietta explosion last October 19 and the Batasan bombing last November 13. Although everything is trying to move on, there is still a hidden fear lurking somewhere - the fear of terror, the fear of fear itself.
But then we should always remember that there will be a day where we have to leave all the anxieties, fear, traumas and bad feelings we had. That day tells us that inspite of the unwanted incidents that occured, life goes on and there will always be a chance to make everything right. That day does not only signal the beginning of new hopes, but it is a reminder that everyone must hold on to their hopes at all times, no matter what day or time it is. That day is, of course, what we are going to celebrate at the strike of 12 midight later on: Happy NeW YeaR!!!